Volunteering your time, skills and talents is a great way to make a difference. Thrive Group organizations rely on volunteers to meet the needs of our residents and clients. Not only does donating your time bring many benefits to those served, but it has also been shown to have a positive impact on the person volunteering. Just a few of these benefits include:
- Finding meaning and purpose – Donating your time can help you find or reinforce things that bring you joy and satisfaction
- Improved health and well-being – Knowing we are helping others can have a positive impact on our physical and mental well-being. Giving our time feels good
- Make new friends – Volunteering provides an excellent opportunity for social connections
- Learn new skills – Spending time in new work environments helps build new skills and expands our experience
If you are interested in volunteering or would like to know more about the opportunities available, contact Rachel Riley at [email protected].
The Ministry of Ontario is seeking Volunteers across the province. Click here for more information.
Ways you can Volunteer
• Shopping with clients • Assist clients on outings such as movies, swimming, church • Evening activities at Binbrook- Karaoke, crafts, movie nights • Assist with greenhouse at Binbrook • Assist with community kitchen events- breakfast club, dinner club, theme nights • Weekly church support • Special events - arts, crafts, decorating